Thursday, March 24, 2016

Effects of Instagram on Adolescents


This module benefitted me greatly because now I know that Canvas is useful and even effective resource. I will definitely use this website for future academic uses.

For my infographic design, I used a variety of different colors, shapes, fonts, and layouts. Besides that, I tried to make it as informative and clear as possible because this topic is not to commonly talked about and social media in general is causing harm to teenagers severely.

Color: For my infographic background, I picked green because I wanted a color that could set in the background very well without drawing too much attention. Besides that, for my "small" text that states facts about the harm and overuse of Instagram, I picked white since there was a green background, I knew that white would stand out to the reader. Also, it would be visible enough for somebody to read with a thicker background. For my arrows, I picked a light orange and red because as I said before, I wanted particular parts of this to stand out and I wanted to arrows to be dramatically emphasized. Lastly, for the titles on each page, I picked blue because I wanted a thicker color that somewhat stood out but not to the extent in which the red or white was.

Shapes: The shapes that I used in my infographic design, were squares and triangles. I used these two just for variety purposes. I used triangles at the tip of the arrows and I used squares for the outside of the pictures. To add, some of the shapes would show what would come after. For example, with one of the red arrows coming out of the Instagram picture, it is giving facts about teenagers and Instagram.

Font/Layout: For the font, I chose "Arimo" because it was legible and neat. I wanted it to be easy to read, as well. On the other hand, for my layout, I introduce a shocking yet key fact so whoever reads it, could now understand what I am trying to prove. As it went on, I would include more facts about how Instagram is tremendously affecting teenagers in a non-beneficial way. To add, as each image is presented the facts are there to back it up with additional information.

To sum it up, what I found that was most interesting about this assignment is the ability to create a form of art that is very informational and influential. In more depth, the ability to merge images, using certain forms of specific colors, and even symbols or shapes to keep it clear and organized, were by far the most interesting parts of the assignment. Besides that, I improved on my researching skills because the process was arduous because I had to make sure time and time again that the articles that I am picking to us, had enough information to back up the topic.














No comments:

Post a Comment