Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Is Staying Focused Possible?

After using this particular extension, I truly feel like I have benefited from it tremendously. In this extension, I found that the nuclear option helped me the most because it gave me a time limit in which I can use the website. Then, once the time limit is done, the website is blocked for a set time. During moments when I am doing my work, I like to go onto the NBA website and view the scores of the day. Having the nuclear option, I am able to block the website for a certain amount of time. Not getting distracted every twenty minutes or so, has really made a difference thus far.


On the negative aspect of the StayFocused extension, the timer would not go off unless you are on the page. The issue is that people will think that using the extension will mean that they are distraction free. The extension is a baby step into learning how to not get distracted but it is not the only step.  However, it starts with you and ends with you. Whether you want to consitently go distraction free or not is up to you.


Overall though, the StayFocused extension did more good than harm to me. I will definitely be using this extension on more assignments to come, involving a form of technology. Using this extension, I made use of every minute of time that I had.








                                                   

                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment